I can't wait to see the results of the final study. Perhaps the idea of "old brain, new media" isn't so clear cut as once thought. By the way, when are you going to weigh in on SOPA and PIPA on your blog?
I believe our brains may change due to the media in our lives. As generations pass through the years people change. Our ancestors who lived before us hundreds of years ago acted differently than we do today. It’s a matter of media and how we incorporate the technologies in our everyday life. I’m 20 years old and my baby cousin who is 3 knows how to use her parent’s smartphones. This is something I never would have been able to do as a toddler. I believe this shows that our brains ARE changing with time. It almost reminds me of biology and adaptations throughout time that animals take part in to survive to the best of their ability. It will be interesting to find out more information on this case as time passes. Rachel and Dan seem to be good examples and perfect people for the long term study. I hope there are clearer answers soon on this topic.
I can't wait to see the results of the final study. Perhaps the idea of "old brain, new media" isn't so clear cut as once thought. By the way, when are you going to weigh in on SOPA and PIPA on your blog?
ReplyDeleteI believe our brains may change due to the media in our lives. As generations pass through the years people change. Our ancestors who lived before us hundreds of years ago acted differently than we do today. It’s a matter of media and how we incorporate the technologies in our everyday life. I’m 20 years old and my baby cousin who is 3 knows how to use her parent’s smartphones. This is something I never would have been able to do as a toddler. I believe this shows that our brains ARE changing with time. It almost reminds me of biology and adaptations throughout time that animals take part in to survive to the best of their ability. It will be interesting to find out more information on this case as time passes. Rachel and Dan seem to be good examples and perfect people for the long term study. I hope there are clearer answers soon on this topic.
ReplyDelete