
Hi everyone -- here's
that case I was telling you about Thursday involving the man with a law degree being misidentified by an eyewitness. I wish I'd been able to properly turn on my video camera on Thursday so we could compare your accounts with the videotape....but I think the exercise was beneficial nonetheless.
This story along with the exercise we did in class with the two girls fighting really shows me how easy it is to blame someone for wrong doing without actually knowing 100 percent. Clyde Waite had nothing to do with this particular trial but since he was African American she assumed that was him. The article discusses how Pennsylvania may be sharpening the lineup procedures to avoid mistaken identification which I believe they should do. Over the years there have been tons of people put in jail for life for something they weren’t even a part of. Now that we are in the 21st century as a nation we should be able to come up with a better system to make sure no one is falsely accused in our court system. From reading this article and what we did in class I now feel like as humans we aren’t necessarily good at explaining and describing people when under pressure. This is another reason something else needs to be done.
ReplyDelete