Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hulu's Business Model

Just another article on how the television industry is trying to adapt its business model to the internet.  It costs money to make programs; it costs money to promote and distribute them.  Who will pay and how?

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=145258&nid=123907

1 comment:

  1. This unfortunately makes me think of how the NYT now charges to view their articles online. It's sad because that's where I would read all of my articles and now I can't get to them. I can't get the actual paper delivered to my house and I just pick it up in paper form for free while I'm at school.

    Unfortunately, things like this are sometimes necessary, but I would personally rather be asked for a donation to keep this monthly charge (which is a ridiculous amount for only four weeks) from occurring. Maybe even fundraising would help a bit. But I wouldn't mind paying as much if I didn't have to pay SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete